The MIT News Office media relations team is responsible for approving requests for non-commercial filming on the MIT campus. If you are not a member of the media, please send your request to Peter Bebergal in the MIT Technology Licensing Office.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Filming is prohibited along the Infinite Corridor, in Lobby 7, Lobby 10 and in residence halls. In the Stata Center, filming is only permitted on the first floor (or "student street") and in individual offices and labs, with permission from occupants.
When filming students, we ask that the media respect the right of students not to be interviewed, if they so decline. Media may not take or use pictures of students or film students without first getting their permission to be filmed. Students must also be given complete details about what is being filmed and how their photograph might be used. All other locations/subjects must be approved prior to filming.
Please e-mail requests to film on campus to Sarah McDonnell with at least 72 business hours (three business days) of advanced notice, and include the following information:
- Name and description of the organization or individual making the request.
- Name, address, and phone number of the contact person.
- Project description and the intended use of the resulting material.
- Date(s) and time(s) requested.
- Location of photo shoot.
- Number of people, and amount and type of equipment involved.
- Proof of adequate insurance coverage and indemnity.
Media Relations Manager